Followers

Monday, November 24, 2008

Wedding Blessing Update

It's cold here.
And rainy.
Rainy and cold.
And a little bit snowy.
and wet.
and, ya know, cold.
It's also raining.

...ah, November! how I love thee!

Anyway, since it's cold and raining - in case you missed that - I've been spending a little more time stitching. I'm soooooooo close to finishing my sister's wedding sampler!
It's Fantasy Wedding Blessing by Dragon Dreams
I finished the castle and most of the border and all the 'verse'. However, since it's cold and raining and dark and dreary and all that, I can't get a decent picture. So here are scans - I had to scan it twice to get the whole thing. Scanning makes it look crooked and wavy, but it's not. I promise.




And here's a close up of the castle - I love this castle!!!

I really love this pattern-chart, too - it's beautifully done and very easy to work with! Now I have to make (more) changes to it, though; my sister doesn't want their last names on it. Long story, but they might end up changing their last name to his mother's name due to some issues with his father. Anyway, she asked if I could put their first and middle names instead. 'Sure,' I said. Well, 'Alison Irene' is pretty easy to fit, but his name is 'Robert Roosevelt.' Not so easy. I may have to leave off the charm and just put an ampersand. If I do that, it'll fit perfectly under the bottom line of herringbone stitch.

Then, my sis wants to know if I can put a little dragon on it, too. This, I'm not so sure about. I'm going to have to go through all my Dragon Dreams patterns and freebies and see if I can find a little one that will fit, because I don't have enough material to put a very big one. Hmmm... maybe I could find a little dragon charm to go on one side of the date, and a different fantasy-style charm to go on the other side? or a little heart? That might work!!!

**Edit** okay, so Blogger, being evil, has cut off the sides of the pics instead of resizing them. I refuse to try to figure out why. So I'm going to try turning them into links to my webshots album.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Afghans!

My mother's Women's Group has been working to make lap blankets for three local assisted-living homes. So I took a break from cross stitching and the never-ending scarf to make these:

They're all made from scrap yarn left over from other projects. I just worked with the bits, changing colors randomly in the middle of rows as each ball of yarn ended. I think I like the pink one best. The one with the red border will suit a male - I think - and the bluest one could be for a guy or a gal, but the pink came out very feminine. It was fun to go back to crocheting for awhile; it was the first craft I ever learned to do and I haven't done much lately. Especially not granny squares - they are so easy, and I can actually get them done while watching TV or listening to music, instead of getting distracted and either missing the show or forgetting to stitch.

They're all about four 1/2 feet square, maybe a little bigger. Just right for a wheelchair-patient. I also made a lap quilt, but I forgot to take a picture and I've already given it to the lady collecting them. I'll ask if she happened to take one, but it was just a simple one, so no big deal.

Now back to work on 'Going to Market' - I want to get at least halfway done with her this month!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Finished Brittercup Kitty!

'Trick or Kitty Treat'
from JCS Halloween issue.
Stitched over one on 28ct.
DMC threads
about 2 by 2 inches. I think.

It's supposed to have a lil' spider button to set it off, but - I don't like spiders.

At all.

So I'm thinking I'll put a couple little leaf buttons that I have. Then it shall be a fall kitty! (and I can leave it up longer)
Turning it into an ornament this evening!