Followers

Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Puppy Progresses

Hi guys!

Thanks for the comments on the last post :D
I've got some more done on the puppy - all the white is now stitched, and more of one shade of brown. I hope you can see the progress; the white goes down each leg and tops the bit of paw to the right and the tail to the left.



My fabric for Mary Wigham probably won't be here until Monday or Tuesday, so I'm going to try and finish up the light brown - all the other browns are blends.

Dani - I was thinking that very thing when I decided to try this! I've been very careful counting - lol, and recounting because I'm paranoid! - but so far everything is matching up nicely. Much relief! I think it's because this pattern doesn't have a huge amount of color changes - it was prolly the best I could have chosen to try stitching this way!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Patchy Little Puppy

I really wanted to join the Mary Wigham SAL this week - I got my floss (I have to order everything, because I'm in a very rural area) and then the fabric I wanted to use turned out to be about 2 inches too short.
I knew I should have measured it.

So, being frustrated, I took my stress out on my puppy :D


All I had done before was his head.
Sorry he's a bit wonky-looking, I was too lazy to take him out of the Q-snaps before scanning.
Usually I work in sections - like I finished his head - but this time I thought I'd try something different, and I stitched all the cream in the project. A friend of mine does hers like this, and I must admit she stitches faster than me so I thought I'd try it.
I'm going to keep working on him until my newly-ordered fabbie shows up.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Claddagh :D

My Claddagh project is done:

Pattern: Web freebie from Anime-Manga stitchs (link to the right)
Size: About 3x6
Fabric: 20ct rust hardanger
Floss: Ecru DMC

This is for my sister's wedding anniversary (one whole year!) in August. I think I'll make it into a pillow, possible with something Gaelic written beneath it. Her wedding ring is a Claddagh, and her whole wedding was Scottish/Irish-based (thistle, handfasting, silver coin in her shoe, all that) We kind of mixed up Scottish and Irish things, since we have both in our ancestory. It was very pretty. Her husband even wore a kilt! Around here, that was amazing. Everyone has traditional American weddings here. Boring! Even the fact that her wedding was outside amazed some people. So very traditional in this area... sigh.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

UFO Finished - Yay!

I think I called this by the wrong name last post.
Anyway, it's done!

Pattern: Mulberry Tree Sampler from Sept/Oct 1987 Women's Circle CrossStitch (yep, old!)
Fabric: 28ct Annabelle Linen (no color name)
Finished Size: About 11x 9 inches
I changed the color of the house from 801 to 898 and the color of the hearts from 221 to 817. The original fabric was supposed to be Natural Aida, and those colors just didn't look right on the rose-colored fabric I chose. I also stitched the numbers in the main house color; they were supposed to be green like the letters but that was just too much of the same for me. The numbers are off-center but stitched as charted; I thought it was kind of cute that way. I'm not sure why.
I think I started this one in May of 2008, so it's not as old as some UFO's I have! (insert a blush here)

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mulberry House UFO

This was my UFO project in May.

My Mulberry House Sampler as it was:


And as it is now, with much more than the promised 100 stitches. My scanner, sadly, has decided that crooked isn't good enough, it must make things dark now, as well. The colors in the first pic are much closer to the real life colors.
I've decided to stick with this one for now; once I finish the house and tree, there's only the alphabet, numbers, and a row of hearts to do. I can get it done in a few days if I actually have the time to stitch.