My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Two Down

I finished another afghan!  I put the last stitches in yesterday, but it was a gloomy, overcast day and I couldn't get a decent picture.

Today was a little better, but I still had some trouble.  These were the best I could get for now.  I took them to my Mum's house, where my parents have just finished building a guest room - the outside has been done for a while, but now the inside is done except for there is no carpet.  But it is painted in soft white, which I thought would help the lighting, and there is a king-sized bed in it.  Good for size reference.

So here is 'Filet Diamonds', all finished up.  It is in my SIL's choice of tan, or 'Biscuit' as the yarn was labelled.

 photo diadone1_zpsbd5ad76e.jpg

I didn't measure it, but it is, like I said, on a king-sized bed.

 photo diadone2_zps067a4a17.jpg

It went pretty fast for a bigger afghan!  I didn't work on it steady - when do I ever? - I took each strip along with me in my bag.  Joining them (it was a weird technique) took the longest time.  Then two rows of single-crochet for the border.  I only have to cut the loose ends off - I forgot to do it before I took the pictures.

 photo diadone3_zps3f856419.jpg

This leaves me with either three afghans or six afghans to go - here is where my Mum's is, currently.  Her's is a lap-sized one, although it will be wider than this - the border is huge and will add quite a few inches.  It's so pretty but I am only on the second of ten skeins of yarn!  It's mostly single-crochet, like the green and tan one I finished earlier this year.  I wish it was a better picture; this one has a gorgeous textured pattern.

 photo grand2_zps87ce05f1.jpg

I don't have an updated picture of the green afghan.  I probably won't take a picture until it is done.  I have one and one half repeats to go, and then fringing!  It will definitely be done this month.

I should have started my nephew's afghan next, as it is the third of the definite three that I want to finish, but I only have one hook in the size it takes and it is being used for the green afghan!  So I stepped out in utterly silly confidence and started my brother's afghan.  Here is one whole row!

 photo aut1_zpsd8868c40.jpg

I laid it with my Mum's because when I add the border, I hope that my Mum's will be almost as big as this one.  Almost.  The border should add about five inches to each side, so we will see!

Is IHSW this weekend?  My new blog feeder seems to have eaten the Random Ramblings blog.  I have to go look!

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job! They are flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the great finish Tama. What a pretty design and I love it in that tan yarn. Great progress on mom's and hey a start is a start. I have a sill question - how come you can't use the same hook on different ones that your working on?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great finish. You are doing fab work! I really want to do an afghan for myself. Must have a look for a nice pattern or book. Yes IHSW is this weekend. I signed up but not sure how successful I will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely and neat! Congrats! You make me feel like starting an afghan! :D

    ReplyDelete