My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Friday, July 13, 2012

Framing and a Finish (Picture Heavy)

I know, it's been forever!
I'm so sorry!
And wow! I have 101 followers!  When did THAT happen?!

I haven't been stitching much this summer - too much pool and jigsaw puzzles! But I have gotten some framing done and a little finish to show you guys :D


Photobucket

Going to Market  is now hanging on my Mum's wall in her Africa/jungle themed den.  She already had this frame and the glass, I only had to pay for the mat and the work.

Photobucket


Mermaid of the Deep will soon be hanging on my living room wall, as soon as I figure out where. Sorry for the flash burn, it was impossible to get her focused without it.  The framer chose to pick up the weird skin tones in her tummy for the mat - I like it!


Photobucket

I don't remember the name of this kit, but it's going in my living room, too.  I got the antique frame at a flea market, and the framer added the mat and glass.  The Mermaid's frame color was chosen to match the gold trim on this one.

Photobucket

and doesn't Spike look gorgeous?  I couldn't figure out how he was going to be framed so that he wouldn't blend into the mat, but my framer said to trust her and I'm glad I did!

Total for getting these four pieces framed?  $46.23!!!  I love my framing shop!!!  Small, independent business for the win!  :D :D :D

And here's my finish - 'Welcome Guests' by 2Needles.

Photobucket

I can frame this one myself - just got to get around to washing and pressing it!  It's roughly 5x7, and one of my Crazy January starts.

8 comments:

  1. So many beautiful finishes in beautiful frames =)
    great work on all of them =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! Those are some gorgeous works! And you're so lucky to have a wonderful frame shop close by.

    *hugs* Glad to see you're surviving this crazy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow . Your pieces looks great - can't believe your price for the framing.what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow awesome framer! He did a great job with Spike!

    Cute little finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, fantastic finishes. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coooool!!! I love the mermaid framing and I think the Spike one is great (he's definitely my favourite...you've made me want to watch them all again now!) Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finishes -- I especially like the Going to market. the blue mat makes it look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete