My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Last of Stitch Maynia

Okay, I'm late again.  Story of my life.

Here is project #5 - 'The Tie That Binds' from 'Words to Stitch By':



I ended up with two -TWO - doctor's visits, after all, so there was less time for this than I hoped.  However, I'm am very satisfied with my progress!  Although, I must admit, the DMC conversion does not look a whole lot like that pattern picture.  I noticed it when I got the floss, but I decided not to change it, because the person that this will eventually be given to will love these colors :D


The knotwork border is Olive Green, not Brown.  Otherwise the colors match fairly well.  Maybe the dark color in the flower is a bit redder.  So pleased with this one :D

And yeah, I decided to go for one last start - six total. (On the 30th I am not starting a new one.  I think I will pick up my HAED, 'Unspoken'.  I miss it.)

For the last one, I decided to go big.  Not quite HAED big, but pretty big, none the less!


Lovely, lovely, lovely!  Except that the dark color I started with, just behind his ear, is SIX strands of floss in a half stitch.  My fingers are sore from the effort of getting that through the fabric, and there is a ton of that symbol! But I shall persevere :D

I have still more China kits to show you!  This is one I've been searching to find for quite a while -it comes up on eBay and Aliexpress but it's usually the smaller version.  I wanted the big one!  It's called 'Golden Lillies'.  It finally popped up on eBay in the large size and I grabbed it.


I forgot to take a picture of the pages layout, but there are 24.  It has 23 colors - less than usual but SO MUCH FLOSS!  You'll see!

Here's the folded fabric -


And I unfolded it to find this -


eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

And then here is the huge 5 foot long fabric:


I am just itching to start one of these huge ones but I will finish Sunset Birds first!

Happy stitching, guys!  Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend - I have it off!  Whoo hoo!

Tama

7 comments:

  1. EEEEK! Those are so intimidating!!! I really bum hard when the floss isn't presorted. I can often tell what's what by seeing how many strands have been included. But if there are 2 strands of light peach and 2 strands of pale light orange, I can't figure out which is which AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new starts Tama. Beautiful new kit but boy that is ginormous.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of your start. That new kit is huge! Wonder how long you can keep from puttng that first stitch in:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty =) I love regal Tiger! And that Chinese kit is so huge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy floss batman! That's a ton! Great pieces and progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great win, but wow! I have Regal Tiger as well, though I have yet to start it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Golden Lillies is breathtaking! And look at all that beautiful golden thread. I'm dying for you to start this one too.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete