My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Monday, June 6, 2016

A HAED, A DGC, and a Rotation Change

So!  I forgot to post my last start in Stitch Maynia.  Or the progress on it, I mean :D

This is Regal Tiger, a Dimensions Gold Collection:



And here's where I got.  I really don't like doing that dark color! Six strands - talk about sore fingers!!! But I got almost all of that area done - I took turns with it and the other colors.



So that ends Stitch Maynia!

Now, after Stitch Maynia I got to thinking about all the new starts and all my old starts and I sat down and looked at all my pictures from lately and years ago, too.  I counted them all up and nearly fell over.  I am not about to admit the total, but it was high.  Much higher than I thought.  Not anywhere near Ms Linda or those other brave people doing the Year of Starts, but still!

Some of them, too, have not been worked on in years.  By which I mean, ten years or maybe even longer.  One of them I started in High School and it hasn't been touched since.  Holy cow...  And I'll admit that recently I've been saying 'wow, I should get that back out' a lot.

So - rotation rearrange - I'm getting them back out.  The lot of 'em.  I put them all in alphabetical order and I'm keeping the five days for each project, but I'm going to do it like this - 1st turn, whatever I want.  2nd turn, next on the alphabet list.  3rd turn, whatever I want.  4th turn, whatever's next on the list.  And so on, ad infinitum.

First turn this time was 'Unspoken', my HAED - I really wanted to get back to this.  I've given up - for now - on the 'rows instead of columns' idea - it just wasn't working for me.  I thought I'd try what a lot of people are doing for the HAED facebook challenge and finish off my page 2 one color at a time.  So I did a whack of 762.  Not all of it, but about three columns worth and a teeny bit of other colors (from before I made the decision).

Here's as it was:


And as it now is:


Next turn (which I'm working on now) is A is for Anchor.  The first of my alphabetized list!  Here's where I left it:


I'm hoping to make a big ol' lot of progress :D  It's already going quite well!

A little stash before I go - here's yet another great big China kit.  I think this is last of the truly huge ones that I have.


It's only called 'Garden' on most of the listings.  I have seen it called 'Cottage Garden', though, so that's what I'm going with.  It has slightly fewer pages than the last few:


Twenty total.  This one is immensely popular - I've seen it on a lot of flosstube videos and blogs, but only in the small size.  I got the BIG size - go big or go home! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Here's what came out of the package:


And it opened up to show the floss:


It's all sorted, just folded over on itself.  There are 44 colors.

And here's the fabric!  This one just makes four feet long.  It's going to be so pretty!  But it's also solid stitching XD


I really, really could never buy anything again and still have more to stitch than I could possibly finish before I die.  That didn't stop my from going to JoAnn's today and buying a pile of floss.  I had a one-day only 4 DMC for $1 coupon.  I also got some McCall's patterns that were on sale, a World of Cross Stitch magazine and a new Q-Snap frame.  The only good thing about so many doctor's appointments is that my new doctor is only 5 minutes from JoAnn's!!!

Happy Stitching, dears!

Tama

7 comments:

  1. Great start on Tiger, it's nice to see how it really looks stitched and holy cow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear you on having many WIPs and rotation plans. I choose my rotation pieces with the number generator, and I love it. Alphabetical order is a good idea, too. Have fun with your WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, seeing everyone's WIPs and stash on the Stitch Maynia FB page makes me feel so much better about the bag that contains all my kits and patterns. But I really should get back to some of the ones I started ages ago like poor Mt. Rainier that hasn't been touched in about 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new start and stash Tama. Great progress on Unspoken and the anchor. Come on, spill the beans. How many projects do you have?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well.... more than a hundred :D Not much more, but still. yikes!

      Delete
  5. Nice progress that chart is huge! It'll be fun to watch your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like all your starts and project :)

    ReplyDelete