Followers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Improved Puppy (and others)

I've worked on poor Puppy very little this weekend, what with the holiday and all, but here's his update:



I have only the dark grey and black left to do on him, then it's on to the half-stiches and backstitching. Yay!

Mary Wigham has her first two motifs:



This is the first time I've ever stitched a reproduction sampler, and I have to admit, leaving in the mistakes is killing me! The ones in the coral-color weren't too bad, but the missing stitches of the 'pinwheel' in the yellow is driving me batty. I dunno if you guys can see it - I may have made the pic too small - but one of the - blades? petals? - is missing a stitch on the end of its two bottom rows. I've seen other stitchers' WIP pics and some have corrected it - I may end up having to do it even though it lowers the authentic-matching look. Ah, well, it's not like I stayed true to the original with the fabric color, right?

I also forgot to post my UFO progress for June - I got out my anime pattern of Kurama (from the anime/manga Yu Yu Hakusho) Here's his Before & After shots - I did much more than 100 stitches on him :D

His mouth & chin need some serious tweaking next time I pick him up. I made this pattern when I first got the software, and I didn't really know what I was doing. Wufei looks much better.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh that puppy is looking more and more adorable each time and filling in beautifully!

    MW is looking nice I love how that yellow pops on your fabric. Yeah it would kill me to leave in the mistakes too! It would be too easy to probably fix them with out thinking. You get used to things being symmetrical.

    Good girl for getting so much done on your UFO, one stitch at a time and it'll get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tama, your stitching is soo pretty!!! I love your puppy and the mask that you are working on. I cant wait to see the puppy finished.

    ReplyDelete