My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Friday, January 2, 2015

New Things

Here is my Jan 1st start of 'Unspoken' - I got a little done, mostly white, winter white, pale grey, and medium pale grey.  AKA - invisible!



There are about three rows of forty stitches that I can't even see and I know they are there!

This is the first 5 rounds of the Mini-Ring afghan.  I decided to do it all in brights and jewels, with the odd row of black to set it off.  The green is Red Heart in 'Glow-Worm' and the flash made it even more neon than it actually is!


I had a finish yesterday, too, but I plan to show it off tomorrow.  I had to work all day and half the evening today and I need better light!

7 comments:

  1. Ugh! I hate that invisible stitching, all worth it in the end of course. The crochet makes up for it though, nothing invisible about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Left to my own devices, my brain often decides 'the brighter, the better!'

      Delete
  2. Looks like a nice start from what I can see Tama. I love that green on your afghan.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to buy super colourful patterns so that I get that instant gratification of seeing the stitches. I always bum hard when I buy a pattern and have to start with browns or whites. lol Like the Hummel pattern a friend has asked me to stitch for her. Almost all browns and peach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch, yes, those colors can be bad! Soooo pretty in the end, though!

      Delete
  4. LOL That is so true about the invisible stitching. I think I detest stitching white on white more than black on black. It will be worth it in the end as you know. Love this chart so I am looking forward to your future wips.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete