My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Monday, August 19, 2013

IHSW Report for August!

I was sticking strictly to Lovers for IHSW, but I really need to get a half-page done on Nostlagy, so she's my 'new' IHSW project until I have - hmm, roughly 4,500 stitches.  Or thereabouts.  Or, what would be better, an actual half-page of the chart, but I usually jump around too much for that.

I worked on her hair, and since it's been a long time since I've touched her, here's how she was:

QS Nostlagy - April 2013 photo nost4s_zps572242ef.jpg

I had to work, as usual, but here's how she is now:

 photo nostAug_zps41547c3f.jpg

It seemed like more than that last night, but I guess it's not too bad.  Got most of the black on this side of her hair done, and started filling in with 3371.  The picture doesn't show much difference in the two colors.  It's subtle, but it is there.

I have an ornament finish to show tomorrow!  Or whenever I remember to post again, lol!  Maybe some Bothy progress, too, if I reach my goal.

I did do something that I've felt I should for a while - I cleaned up my poor WIP page.  I took off all the projects that were barely started - anything with less than fifty stitches or so.  I folded them gently away (mentally, at least) and put them back with the stash.  Can I pretend they were never started?  Lol!  I left the projects that I felt had some real progress - okay and a few that only have a tiny bit but that I want to keep working on!  So my page is all nice and neat, now, with less than half the number of WIPs - and some reserved slots for a few projects that I've been meaning to start.  Those will be shown (and explained!) very soon!

10 comments:

  1. Good progress! I am a cross country stitcher, too. Mine always looks like the mad stitcher ha been at work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a ton of progress, at least from my perspective! The dark colors must be a challenge, but they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on the hair! I was just admiring your WIP list and thinking of the adjustments I should make to mine. Love your Dr. Who scarf among others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey don't feel bad about your unfinished WIPs. I have a Mt. Rainier cross stitch I started 10 years ago that's about 2/3 done. I grew weary of changing colours every couple of stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you got loads done Tama. I looked at your WIP page. I wish that was all I had on mine. I know I have at least 6 or 7 afghans started.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Progress is progress no matter how much you get done. She's coming along nicely, I think you got quite a bit done for the IHSW in fact. I checked out your wips page and I see you are a fellow serial starter! Nice work on all your wips. I'm working on "Lost in You" as well it's a beautiful stitch even though I've only completed the first page.
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress!

    I checked out your WIP page and I thought I was bad! ;)
    There are a lot of great projects you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely made visible progress! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like good progress to me. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete