My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Saturday, March 7, 2015

March YOTA!

Here is my update for the YOTA SAL - Still 'Flower of the East'.

As she was:




I didn't get a lot done, but enough to make me happy :D  I did up the flowers in her hair, the silver at the edge of her collar, the missing bits of her face, and then back stitched her face.  Some of the flowers look like they are not done because they are white and pale silver, but they are there!



A close up:



She has a bit of a pout-y expression, I think.  Next month my goal on her is to get the branch and the flowers on it done - perhaps the small missing bits of the parasol, too.  Since her face is finished, I'm going to start filling in from the top down.

Anyone know a good place to order Japan Braid from?  I still haven't found any.

16 comments:

  1. She is stunning. You are just about to the finish line, great job on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I always get a little nervous when I do faces b/c I don't want them to come out looking psycho or angry. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic update, I love this piece! Her face looks quite beautiful. As far as where to get Japan braid from, 123 Stitch sells some in a variety of colors and weights/sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks great Tama. Nice progress.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're doing such a fabulous job! I've read her history from your previous post, you are so brave, kudos on your patience in finishing her, so glad she landed on creative talented hands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks beautiful! Lovely progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Back stitching made all the difference! She is lovely!
    I don't know about ordering the japan thread. Maybe 123stitch or Beach Cottage Stitchers will have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at 123stitch. Nice price, too. First time ordering, so I'll see how it goes with them :D

      Delete
  8. Wonderful progress, Tama :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lot to me! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete