My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Flower of the East - 2016 #1

So I chose my lovely adopted 'Flower of the East' to work on next - this one I am very, very slow with because she is on the worst, floppiest linen ever and yet I can't put her in a hoop or frame.  I have to work with her in hand - it is the only way I can make my stitches look the same as the ones already done.  I suspect they were stitched in hand, as well.

Anyway, here's where she was:


And here's where she is:


I finished all the cross stitches for the tree branch, all the flowers on the right, all the missing peach shades of half cross stitch in the 'sky', and all the backstitch on the right.  There are still french knots to do, but I'm going to finish the left side flowers and backstitch them, then put her in a Q-snap for the french knots.  There's no way I'm trying to get those done in hand.

As I work on her this year, I'm going to continue working from the top down, filling in all the random missing bits - the lady who gave her to me stopped working in the weirdest places on her!  After I get the tree branch done, there are random missing bits in the parasol to do.

For now, though, she's put away and I'm off to choose my next rotation piece!

Happy Stitching!!!

Tama

11 comments:

  1. She's really coming along! I stop in weird places too, heaven help anyone who tried to finish one of my pieces, ha ha. I admire your patience with bad linen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great Tama and nice progress. I am a skip all over and stitch where I want person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's like a jigsaw puzzle! You're doing a great job sorting her out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No hoop???? AND linen? You are more patient than I am. I did even weave once and now I avoid linen and even weave like the plague. I also have nixed kits if they are on black Aida. My eyes are shot. You've made great progress on her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks amazing. I can't believe you're stitching linen in hand. It must be so floppy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing a wonderful job! She looks almost done. Oops, if you see how I work...by the numbers/color, probably the lady did the same. I get bored stitching by area, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is gorgeous! I can not stitch in hand and admire you for being able to do it. Looking forward to seeing her again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely progress she's turning out great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She really is beautiful. I would find it so hard to stitch in hand now. I applaud all of your efforts and she is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stitching =) I have a few projects I stitch in hand, sometimes it's a nice change =)

    ReplyDelete