My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Friday, February 26, 2016

Some Christmas Framing

I had six pieces framed to give as Christmas presents in 2015 - they got done so close to Christmas that I never found time to get any pictures.  The other day my sibling and I took the ones for my Mum and Dad outside and got pictures of them - still a little bit reflective, but this is probably as good as they are going to get!

'Angel of Grace' by Lavender and Lace, framed in an antique frame my mother has been saving in her closet forever just for this angel!  She is huge, almost four feet high!


I can't tell which picture is better - one has less reflection but the other has better focus... I think.



And 'God Bless America', a Janlynn kit framed for my Dad - I didn't get the other project I wanted to finish for him done, since Gracie took a little longer than I thought she would.  But he loves this and he's wanted it framed for a while.  We already had this frame, too - it matches the others in his office. I think it came out a little large for the project, but my Dad really likes it so who cares?  That's a bit of wicker from the chair at the bottom, not a broken bit of frame :D





Since I supplied my own frames, I got them both framed for a lovely cheap price!  Gracie was $26 and the Eagle was $23!  

I also got four smaller pieces framed, but I am still nagging my siblings to take pictures for me :D Hopefully I will have them soon!  I don't think I ever even showed two of the finishes XD

Happy Stitching!

Tama

10 comments:

  1. Those are beautifully framed! I never have mine matted. I just throw them in a frame...without the glass too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I live, you just about have to use glass, and glass pressed against stitches isn't a good thing! If there's no glass, you end up with your stitching covered in coal dust, even if you don't use coal.

      Delete
  2. They are absolutely gorgeous Tama. Your framer does a great job for a great price.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My only wish is that she did fancier mat shapes, too, like a curved top? But she said she didn't have that kind of cutter. I wanted it for my 'Mom' and 'Dad' by Bent Creek, a few years ago.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing photos of your framed pieces. Too often we are guilty of finishing something then quickly on moving on to the next stitch. It's nice to see some stitching on display! Both are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stitching! Your parents are very lucky to receive such beautiful stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful pieces, your parents are so fortunate! I especially love the angel, she is seriously impressive and so big.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on both of them they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully framed! Definitely show off your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete