My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

All Over But The Stitching (Pic Heavy!)

The Crazy January Challenge is over... well, except for now I'm supposed to try and finish the 15 projects I started.

...


*crickets chirping*


Yeah, right.

Anyway, here's my Day 14 start -

Photobucket

Little Red Hen by SaySews
This is my first non-cross-stitch start - I used to do lots of crewel and embroidery work but it's been a really long time and I don't remember how to do most of the stitches.

Photobucket
Here's my start - does this split stitch look like feathers to you guys? It's the stitch recommended by the kit but I don't know...

Yesterday I had only a half day at work - yay! - so I went on my tri-annual actual-store stitching stash trip. I live in a very rural area as some of you guys know, so three times a year is about all I make it to a store with actual floss & material. And it's JoAnn's Fabrics even then because I'd have to drive another two or three hours to find a true Needlework Store.

Anyway - I had nothing at all for Day 15's start so I bought:

Photobucket
floss for 'Rapture' - they had all but three colors, guess I'll have to figure out how to get those

Photobucket
fabric for 'Rapture' and another project whose fabric I stole for 'Erestor'

Photobucket
Needles 'cause I lost my needle holder with all my spare needles in it and couldn't find the new packs I had stashed back, either

Photobucket
floss to finish kitting up my 'Nautical' WIP - I lost the other floss. They didn't have the yellow but I had half a skein in stash; I'll have to hope it holds out until I can get more

Photobucket
floss for Sprites

because Reno was bald:
Photobucket

But now he's got hair!:
Photobucket
I did make a mistake and forget to stitch the full crosses for his eye tattoo-mark-thingies, so I cheated and backstitched because I hate to frog. I'll be stitching him again, though, as a gift, so next time I won't forget.

And Irvine was naked:
Photobucket

But now he is clothed:
Photobucket
(these Sprite patterns, as always, are from the fount of pattern-talent Dork Stitch blog)

and some extra things kinda hopped into my cart, I dunno how:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
kits (half off and I had two 40% off coupons to make it even sweeter)

Photobucket
and buttons that I like better than the ones I already had for 'God's Grace'

Photobucket
and extra floss of colors that I run out of a lot

Photobucket
and some cake stencils to make my goth sister twitch on her birthday

And after I got home, I wrapped up the first part of the Challenge by starting 'RaptureQS' for the HAED freebie SAL - my final, Day 15 start:

Photobucket

Photobucket

So - now the only problem is figuring out exactly which of all these projects gets put into the first rotation of 2011! Because - I kind of want to work on them all but I'd never finish anything and prolly go insane, too. And there's always that other challenge's 15 WIPs to tackle...

~Insane Person aka Tama

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's some awesome stash!
    I'm stitching Reno too right now, lol! I love how you made the face. And I guess I have to thank you too for requesting those sprites patterns :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you had a busy shopping trip!!
    Nice sprite finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the projects you choose are so ambitious! It should be really cool to see them when they're done, especially the embroidered hen- that kit is really cute! Also, thank you for stitching Irvine and Reno! They look really nice, and the backstitch for the tattoos is a cool idea, I think.

    ReplyDelete