My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Friday, March 7, 2008

One of those Days...

I have a cold.
Or the flu.
Or that virus that's going around... I dunno which.
I hate it.
I can't stitch when I'm sick - I just sit there and stare at the fabric. Nothing gets done. I was doing so well, too! I finished the left red border on 'Nautical' and started the boat in the middle, and I was working away at Archangel. I even started the Eeyore that goes with my Piglet and Pooh. I got the other two done in 1-2 days, so I was looking forward to another '08 finish.
And now I have the stares.
The do-nothing, blank-faced stares.
ah, well. I'll survive.

Besides being sick, I'm *still* waiting for my Dragon Dreams patterns and my new copy of 'Brinkerhoff Home'. I've never had to wait so long for an order from this company. I had about six other things - 3 patterns and some needles, beads, and treasures - ready to order, but I didn't because I'm still waiting for the last order. I feel like a spoiled brat about to throw a fit, and whine 'I want, I want, I want!'

must be from being sick - I'm usually much more patient.

I've discovered some really fun blogs; I wish I'd thought to look at cross-stitch stuff online a lot sooner! No one else I know - as in face-to-face know - cross stitches. The one person that I did know, I don't see anymore since I quit that job. Her husband worked there and she often came with him, and sat in the foyer of the business and stitched. She did beautiful work, mostly Paula Vaughan, and I loved to watch her projects grow. She was a one-at-a-time stitcher and she was really fast! I miss talking to her about stitching.

but at least I have blogs and boards to read now!

No comments:

Post a Comment