My Huge Work in Progress List!

Followers

Monday, March 17, 2008

A Tiny Bit of Progress


I have been ridiculously busy lately - this is all I've managed to get done on my puppy kit. Good thing I have until May, right?
And I nearly fainted when I read the comment under yesterday's post - that the Dragon Dreams designer, Jennifer Aikman-Smith, would offer a complete stranger a pattern... that is the nicest thing I think I've experienced in years!!! My sister was so happy, too, and that made it even better!
I'm going to try and see if I can get the puppy - not the whole kit, but just the entire dog - done this week on my kit, and then the pillow next week. That ought to be a sensible goal, but I'll have to see how it actually works out. Then this weekend I have a SAL with another stitcher - working on our Mirablia's at the same time. I'll be getting some progress done on Archangel, she'll be working on Mermaids of the Deep Blue. As soon as I get the puppy kit done, I'm going to work on my other Dragon Dreams pattern, A Gardener's Prayer. I'd like to get another section of it done before the Wedding pattern gets here. That way I won't feel guilty for abandoning it!
It's been such a lovely day! I'm still all excited after reading that comment!

1 comment:

  1. I think you'll be able to meet your goals for this piece - it's going to be so adorable! If you're like me, as soon as you can really see the face, you won't be able to stop working on it, LOL. Love your new Mirabilias, but I'm with you - I don't like heads with no faces. I love the Joan Walsh Anglund designs, but I hate it that the children have no mouths. If I ever stitch any of those, I would add mouths. I'll be e-mailing you soon about the floss.

    ReplyDelete